porcelain COURSE - basic
During this six-week course we will help you create your own porcelain object, from start to finish. You will go through the whole proces of making a model and mould in plaster, slipcasting with porcelain and finishing your product with transparent glaze.
The maximum dimensions of your design can be 13x13x13cm and the shape has to be simple enough to create a one part mould. If you want to make something bigger or more complex, you can join the EXPERT course!
Led by Ineke van der Werff in her new studio in Utrecht.
The planning for the classes:
1. Introduction to slip casting and start design
2. Make the model from plaster
3. Make the mould from plaster
4. Start slip casting with porcelain
5. Continue slip casting, also with colour
6. Glaze all objects and preparing them for the kiln.
After the final class we will set a date for you to pick up your work.
We will work in small groups of max 5 persons, to make sure you get all the space and attention you need. Everyone can participate, no experience required!
– Duration: 6 x 2,5 hours
– Wednesday or Thursday evening (19:00 - 21:30)
– Costs: €395,00 per person
– All materials included
Course Thursday evening | start 3 November
- Lesson 1: 3 November
- Lesson 2: 10 November
- Lesson 3: 17 November
- Lesson 4: 24 November
- Lesson 5: 1 December
- Lesson 6: 8 December
! Attention ! Due to events and vacations there may be a few gap weeks in between the lessons.
|Extra||All workshops take place on a new address: Concordiastraat 68, 3551EM Utrecht|