porcelain COURSE - expert
Mouldmaking course for more complex designs and multi-part moulds (no experience necessary).
During this eight-week course we will help you create your own porcelain object, from start to finish. You will go through the whole proces of making a model and mould in plaster, slipcasting with porcelain and finishing your product with transparent glaze. In this expert course we will spend more time on the design of muli-part moulds, which means you can create more complex shapes.
Your design has to fit within 15x15x20cm.
Led by Ineke van der Werff in her new studio in Utrecht.
The planning for the classes:
1. Introduction to slip casting and start design
2. Make the model from plaster
3. Finish model from plaster
4. Make the mould from plaster
5. Finish mould from plaster
6. Start slip casting with porcelain
7. Continue slip casting, also with colour
8. Glaze all objects and preparing them for the kiln.
After the final class we will set a date for you to pick up your work.
We will work in small groups of max 5 persons, to make sure you get all the space and attention you need. Everyone can participate, no experience required!
– Duration: 8 x 2,5 hours
– Friday afternoon (14:00 – 16:30)
– Costs: €525,00 per person
– All materials included
Planning | start Friday October 7th
- Lesson 1: 7 October
- Lesson 2: 14 October
- Lesson 3: 4 November
- Lesson 4: 11 November
- Lesson 5: 18 November
- Lesson 6: 25 November
- Lesson 7: 2 December
- Lesson 8: 9 December
! Attention ! Due to an event and vacation there are a few gap weeks in between the lessons.
|Extra||All workshops take place on a new address: Concordiastraat 68, 3551EM Utrecht|